Morgenster Olive and Wine Estate
V1 – 10 June 2020
Morgenster Estate makes use of Joey Street Creative Marketing services. Joey Street Creative recognises the importance of protecting the personal information provided to us through their various Platforms, and the responsibility we have to manage the information with the utmost care.
The personal information provided to or gathered by Joey Street Creative’s platforms is stored and managed by JSC for specific marketing purposes.
Interpretation and Definitions
What are “Platforms”
Joey Street Creative designs highly focused electronic marketing campaigns on behalf of our clients. For this purpose we use various social media applications (e.g. Facebook) to direct potential customers to one of our specifically designed conversion web pages, landing pages or e-commerce sites. These are collectively referred to as “Platforms”.
What is “Data Subject”?
The Data Subject usually represents the person whose information is entered and stored. When you enter your information into one of our Platforms, the information is only available to that specific client on behalf of which we operate the respective Platform.
What And Who Is A Responsible Party?
Joey Street Creative is a responsible party and determines the means and purpose for which your Data is to be processed.
What Is Your Personal Information (Your “Data”)?
Your Personal Information includes any information by which you can be identified, such as your name and contact information, demographics, gender, marital status, age, language, identity number, passport number, date of birth, preferred communication methods, bank details and credit card details etc.
What Data Do We Collect From/About You?
The information we collect depends on the specific purpose of the campaign and the client but generally includes your name and contact details as well as the channel through which you entered into the campaign. We collect this Data when you register on any of our Platforms or fill out a form.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. information that you provide by filling in forms on our affiliated websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site;
2. if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
3. if you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although for the avoidance of doubt you do not have to respond to such surveys), the information which you provide in response to that survey;
4. details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders; and
5. details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
How do we collect data?
Joey Street Creative may collect Data:
- directly from you on one of our Platforms
- indirectly from our existing clients for the purpose set out by the client.
- promotions: Many promotions offer opportunities to request additional information from sponsors or third parties. When you request more information about a particular promotion, your e-mail address may be shared with the sponsor of that promotion;
- for statistics and advertisement purposes: Joey Street Creative may perform statistical analyses in order to measure interest in the various campaigns (for product development purposes) and to inform clients as to how many consumers have seen or “clicked” on the respective offers.
Purpose of processing the information
We may process the information held about you for the following purposes:
1. to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
2. to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
3. to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
4. to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
5. to notify you about changes to our service;
6. to analyse and monitor usage behaviour;
7. to maintain, manage and improve the Service either ourselves or via third party suppliers.
We may also process your data, or permit selected third parties to process your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone provided that you have opted in to receive these communications
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you where we believe these will be of interest to you and so where we have a legitimate interest in doing so.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have given express consent to this.
If you no longer want us to process your data in the manner set out in this clause 4, would like us to make any amendments or rectifications to your data or would like us to delete your data from our system, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to advise us.
How Do We Protect Your Data?
Our Platforms are built on modern frameworks using the best applicable security mechanisms available. We take all appropriate steps to prevent any unauthorised access to your Data.
Where there are reasonable grounds to believe that your Data has been accessed or acquired by any unauthorised person, we will as soon as possible after becoming aware of such unauthorised access, notify you and the Information Regulator which is appointed in terms of POPI. We will delay notifying you of the unauthorised access or acquisition of your Data if a public body responsible for detection, prevention or investigation of offences or the Information Regulator informs us that notifying you will impede a criminal investigation.
How Do We Process Your Data?
We use your Data to provide the services you request from the specific Platform on which the data was entered. Examples may be to make a reservation at the marketed establishment or to purchase a product(s).
We also use the Data to, with your express consent, market-related services or products to you in the future.
We operate an automatic opt-in policy which means when you request information from us or make an enquiry, your Data is saved in our database.
Passwords And Login Information
When registering an account on one of our Platforms, you must not provide your username or password to anyone. You are solely responsible for keeping your username and/or password secret; and
You are solely responsible for any loss you may suffer should any other person gain access and/or use your username and/or password.